Services & Quiet-Tech
Environmental awareness may be at an all-time high, but carpet still remains a hidden threat to our landfills. In fact, in the United States alone, only 10 to 12 percent of discarded carpeting is recovered from landfills each year. As landfill real estate continues to decline, CarpetCycle provides an environmentally – and budget – friendly alternative to demolition contracting, yielding benefits such as:
- Conserving valuable energy: Because carpet is a petroleum-based product, recycling programs such as ours can help save more than 700,000 barrels of oil per year, conserving 4.4 trillion BTUs of energy.
- Lightening the burden on landfills: Carpet is non-degradable, so when it enters our waste stream it can remain there for thousands of years. We combat the more than four-billion pounds of carpet entering the United States' waste stream each year by ensuring carpet materials are reused as new product instead.
- Significant cost-savings: By providing streamlined reclamation services, we afford end-users up to 60-percent in cost savings compared to demolition contractors. By properly recycling carpet, townships can also see a reduction in waste management tax rates.
- LEED®-accreditation: By partnering with us to recycle post-consumer carpet, commercial facilities can earn up to two LEED credits through LEED for Existing Buildings (LEED-EB) and LEED for Commercial Interiors (LEED-CI). Following reclamation of the carpet, a LEED certificate and letter will be furnished upon request, verifying the pounds of material diverted from the landfill.
Learn more about our services, which ensure the reclamation of post-consumer commercial and residential carpet, and building materials including ceiling tiles, gypsum wallboard, fluorescent lights and VCT floor tile, are easy and cost-effective for customers, and impactful for the environment:
Post-Consumer Commercial and Residential Carpet:
- Trailer Service: allowing end-users to remove up to 6,000- to 9,000-square yards of post-consumer carpet per visit with a CarpetCycle collection trailer. This reclamation service includes trailer rental, transportation, insurance and processing costs in one, saving customers 35- to 60-percent on cost. There is no fee for the weight of the carpet you store in our trailer. Unlike a traditional dumpster, you do not pay a added cost every time it rains and the carpet gets soaked and laden with water. The more carpet and pad you stuff into one of our trailers the more money you will save.
- Residential drop-off services, We are currently not accepting residential drop-off at this time.
- Residential collection services Our services are available for the removal of Carpet and Acoustic Ceiling Tile at Residential homes. We charge a flat rate ranging from 250-1000 dollars depending on the location and size of house.
Rip-up contracting to safely remove existing floors and prepare surfaces for re-installation. While CarpetCycle does not install flooring, it has built a strong reputation as a leading flooring removal and surface preparation company, with the ability to remove carpet, carpet-tile, VCT floor tile and ceramic flooring.
Our focus is on customer service, we will never leave our clients in a bad position regardless of the unexpected challenges that may arise on any given project, In the flooring industry many projects are time sensitive, if the movers have cleared and area on Friday night and the installers are coming in Saturday morning we will get the job done. We always plan for the worst, because regardless of how long a carpet has been down the amount of glue used could still be fresh and the removal will not be easy. We own all sorts of ride on and walk behind machines which make quick work of the hardest projects. And even if we can't utilize our machines on a given project, our team of professionals will bring the experience, energy and 'elbow grease' necessary to get the job done in time.
CarpetCycle also specializes in removal of acoustical ceiling tiles (ACT), our team have the knowledge to separate the different kinds of ACT which might have been installed together in a given space. Since Armstrong requires a clean asbestos report for pre certification of ACT, and many buildings do not have access to the proper reports, we have our own professional inspectors who can evaluate your project and see if it is acceptable for ACT recycling.
- Commercial Pickup Services: For customers who with to provide their own demo labor we can deliver materials (skids and plastic wrap for Carpet & Ceiling Tiles) in advance of a job and we can return when the material has been processed for transportation. Carpet tiles and ceiling tiles would be put on stable pallets and shrink-wrapped so they will not fall over during transport. Broadloom carpet can be cut and rolled into widths 6 feet or less. Our box trucks have lift gates so we can pickup from locations that do not have loading docks. Included in the price is our labor to go into the building and up to the floor to remove the material.
- Commercial Drop Offs: We do accept bulk loads of carpet and ACT at our facility in Newark. Call the office for details and to schedule.
The Leaders In Post-Consumer Building Material Recycling:
- Safe removal and recycling of acoustical ceiling tiles (ACT), gypsum wallboard (drywall), metal, vinyl composition tiles (VCT), glass, wood and fluorescent lights to further reduce landfill impact. Whenever possible we will deconstruct kitchen cabinets and office furniture, with the specific purpose of achieving the highest value for reuse or recycling. Many of our demo competitors claim they are recycling carpet and construction materials, but in fact they automatically look for the lowest possible and cheapest method. This is not why were are in business, our goal is to achieve the highest recyclable value from any material we touch.
- Recycling Certification: All of the material that comes through our facility is reused, recycled or downcycled to conform with USGBC standards for construction and demolition waste. Upon completion of a project we can provide a Letter of Indemnification or Recycling Certificate to show your material has been recycled. On larger projects, if requested in advanced we can get weight tickets for inbound loads into our facility.
- Quiet-Tech Recycled Acousitc Insulation. CarpetCycle's newest venture is a great product that closes the recycling loop, with our product Quiet-Tech. Quiet-Tech is an acoustic insulation product made up of 85% recycled materials. Quiet-Tech is a UL Greenguard Gold Certified product, carries a Class A Fire Rating and is Resistant to Mold and Mildew. This Eco-Friendly product contains no formaldehyde as well as no fiberglass, making it safer forr insulation installers to work with.
- Quiet-Tech: batts are designed and manufactured in New Jersey using a blend of recycled carpet, cotten and PET fibers that provide excellent acoustic insulation. Quiet-Tech has the ability to earn credits in several categoires for LEED projects; Innovation, 85% recycled content, locally manufactured, and recycling existing carpet from renovation space.