News & Stories
- November 2013
- SL Green Partners with CarpetCycle to Recycle Another 164,000 SF of Carpet
- October 2012
- Knowledge is Power: CarpetCycle Offers Environmental Education to Reduce Building Footprints
- May 2012
- NJ Patch: leading Carpet Recycler Moves to Newark
- May 2012
- CarpetCycle Opens Northeast's Largest Facility
- April 2012
- Leading Carpet Recycler Finds New Ways to Divert Flooring from Landfills
- March 2012
- CarpetCycle Opens Doors to New Facility in Newark, N.J.
- February 2012
- Mississauga: CarpetCycle Canada: Region Says Recycle That Old Carpet
- October 2011
- Floor Daily Interview with Sean Ragiel
- July 2010
- Crainís NY Business: Entrepreneurs make a clean break
- May 2008
- Press of Atlantic City: Galloway Township, NJ - Carpet recycling gains traction in region
- December 2007
- CarpetCycle partners with Senator Joe Addabbo for the 3rd Recycling Day
- November 2007
- Atlantic County Recycles: Atlantic County, NJ Kicks Off Carpet Recycling Program
- August 2007
- CarpetCycle awarded a 250,000 sq foot carpet recycling project
- August 2007
- CarpetCycle Expands Recycling Capabilities with New Baler
- May 2007
- Burlington County Regional Recycling Program: Carpet Recycling Comes of Age in Burlington County, NJ
CarpetCycle: The Next Step Toward a Greener Tomorrow
Did you know in the United States alone, an estimated four-billion tons of carpet enters the waste stream each year?
As landfill capacity continues to decline, it’s clear there is a social necessity and responsibility to recycle and reuse carpet – an effort that has the power to not only positively impact our environment by minimizing greenhouse gases and conserving valuable energy, but our economy by creating green jobs and reducing waste management tax rates incurred by improper carpet disposal.
That’s why our mission at CarpetCycle is a simple one: find uses for post-consumer carpet and divert a valuable
non-degradable, non-renewable resource from landfills. Since our inception in Dover, N.J., in 1999 , we’ve propelled this mission by providing commercial building owners/operators, developers, property managers, carpet retailers, installers and home owners services to safely remove, collect and recycle commercial and residential carpet and post-consumer building materials (including ceiling tiles, gypsum wallboard, fluorescent lights and VCT floor tile).
Today, more than 200-million pounds of diverted carpet later, we continue to prove the true meaning of green building at our new, 55,000-square foot hallmark facility in Newark, N.J. Servicing the Eastern Seaboard from Washington, D.C. to Maine, we look forward to taking our mission to the next level with innovative recycling technologies to preserve the future of our planet.
Partner with us to make an environmental difference by calling 973-732-4858, emailing a member of our executive team or visiting us in person. We look forward to hearing from you – and working together – to create a greener tomorrow, today.
CarpetCycle (Google Map)
16 Herbert Street
Newark, NJ 07105
Hours of Operation:
Mon. – Fri: 6am - 11pm (warehouse) / 9am - 5pm (Office)
Saturday: By Appointment
Sunday: By Appointment